You've probably seen or heard the word "keto" bandied around quite a lot. It's a diet that triggers your body into using something other than sugar as a fuel and energy source. Instead of reaching for processed carbs like cookies and pastries or chocolate for a pick me up, the keto dieter relies on foods such as legumes and pulses, protein and vegetables as a fuel source. To get to optimal ketosis, the body relies on ketones for fuel. Ketones are the fuel that the liver produces from fat stored in your body. The result is a lean, mean-looking body.
While the ketogenic diet is relatively safe and effective, finding the right foods and cooking them is often the reason many people quit. Some people find a handful of staple recipes and, although they are great at the start, they can get boring and monotonous. The key is to have a good supply of low-carb keto recipes so you can keep varying your menu. The other thing to consider is cooking time. No one wants to come home from work and spend several hours preparing a keto-friendly meal. That's where an air fryer can be your best friend. Air fryers give you fast food that looks and tastes fantastic. To keep you on track with your keto diet, we've found 30 of the best low-carb keto recipes of 2019, that you can make in your air fryer.
1. Air Fryer Salmon
Salmon is a beautiful oily fish that is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. When cooked right, it is flaky, moist, and delicious. Take two fresh pieces of salmon fillets and remove any bones. Rub olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika over your fillets and place them in the basket of your air fryer. Set the temperature of your air fryer to 370°F and cook the two fillets for about 7 minutes. After this cooking time passes, open your air fryer and check your salmon fillets. If necessary, cook them for a minute or two longer. Serve with lemon wedges and a fresh salad.
- 2 wild caught salmon fillets with comparable thickness, mine were 1-1/12-inches thick
- 2 tsps teaspoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tsps paprika
- generously seasoned with salt and coarse black pepper
- lemon wedges
Remove any bones from your salmon if necessary and let fish sit on the counter for an hour. Rub each fillet with olive oil and season with paprika, salt and pepper.
Place fillets in the basket of the air fryer. Set air fryer at 390 degrees for 7 minutes for 1-1/2-inch fillets.
When timer goes off, open basket and check fillets with a fork to make sure they are done to your desired doneness.
For more details see here Air Fryer Salmon.
2. Low-Carb Keto Fried Chicken
You'd hardly associate fried chicken with diet food, and when you bite into this low-carb keto fried chicken cooked in your air fryer, you'll never use the 'D' word again.
The recipe is for about ten pieces of chicken, which is enough to feed a family. Mix almond milk with white vinegar. This will give you a buttermilk substitute, which will make your air fryer chicken so delicious.
Marinade the chicken in almond milk and vinegar for a couple of hours. After marinating, combine crushed pork rinds and all the seasonings in a large bowl.
Coat the chicken pieces in this mixture and place the chicken in the air fryer basket that you have greased with coconut oil. Air fry at 360°F for 10 minutes, then turn the chicken over and cook for another 10 minutes.
- 5 pounds chicken about 10 pieces
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cups crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/3 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for air fryer only
Place chicken in a large bowl. Mix almond milk and vinegar then pour over chicken. Let the chicken soak in the liquid for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
In wide shallow bowl or dish, combine pork rinds, salt, thyme, basil, oregano, celery salt, black pepper, dried mustard, paprika, garlic salt, ground ginger, and white pepper.
Dip each piece of chicken in dry pork rind mixture until coated.
Spread 1 tablespoon coconut oil in bottom of air fryer basket.
Arrange chicken in single layer on basket.
Air fry at 360°F for 10 minutes, rotate, then air fry another 10 minutes. Test chicken temperature to reach 165°F and continue cooking if needed.
Arrange chicken on a rack in baking pan. Bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes or until meat reaches 165°F.
See the recipe here Low-Carb Keto Fried Chicken.
3. Air Fryer Marinated Steak
Choose your favorite cut of steak and marinate overnight or at least for a few hours. Marinating imparts flavor and keeps the meat moist and tender. Place the marinated steaks in the air fryer and cook at 360°F for 5 or 6 minutes for a medium cooked steak. A minute more or less depending on whether you want well done or rare. That’s pretty much it.
2 Butcher Box New York Strip Steaks (mine were about 6-8 oz each) You can use any cut of steak
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce This is used to provide liquid to marinate the meat and make it juicy.
1 teaspoon liquid smoke or a cap full
1 tablespoon McCormick’s Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning or Steak Rub (or season to taste) See recipe notes for instructions on how to create your own steak rub
1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
salt and pepper to taste
melted butter (optional)
- Drizzle the Butcher Box Steak with the soy sauce and liquid smoke. You can do this inside Ziploc bags.
- Season the steak with the seasonings.
- Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours, preferably overnight.
- Place the steak in the air fryer. I did not use any oil. Cook two steaks at a time (if air fryer is standard size). You can use an accessory grill pan, a layer rack or the standard air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes on 370 degrees. After 5 minutes, open the air fryer and examine your steak. Cook time will vary depending on your desired doneness. Use a meat thermometer and cook to 125° F for rare, 135° F for medium-rare, 145° F for medium, 155° F for medium-well, and 160° F for well done.
I cooked the steak for an additional 2 minutes for medium-done steak.
Remove the steak from the air fryer and drizzle with melted butter.
See the recipe here Air Fryer Marinated Steak.
4. Air Fryer Eggs
Eggs are an excellent protein source and a major staple for keto dieters. Cooking them in an air fryer takes a little finesse, but it’s still pretty simple. Take the pan from the air fryer and crack your eggs into it. Place it in your air fryer and set the temperature at 370°F. Set the timer for 3 minutes and then check the consistency. It will either be too soft, so cook for another minute. Unfortunately, if the eggs are overcooked, you'll just have to cut the cooking time for your next batch. You can use this same cooking method for scrambled eggs and even add extra flavor like bacon bits, chives, cheese, and anything else you love with your eggs.
- Grab your air fryer pan
- Crack the eggs into the pan
- Set your temperature to 370
- Set the timer for 3 minutes
- Take it out and see how it is. Does it need more time, do you like it harder, add a minute.
- Remember wattage means something, the higher the wattage the less time that you will need.
See the recipe here Air Fryer Eggs.
5. Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
This dish has it all. A bit of spice, melted cheese, and a bit of crunch. What's more, it has bacon. You'll need ten or more jalapeno peppers, washed and cut in half. Make a mixture of cream and cheddar cheeses and some crumbled bacon bits that you've previously cooked. Stuff the jalapenos and place them in a single layer in the air fryer. Cook each batch for 5 minutes at 370°F. Repeat until all your poppers are cooked. These are great on their own, but they also go well with a nicely cooked steak.
Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise.
Stuff the jalapenos with cream cheese, shredded cheddar, and cooked and crumbled bacon pieces.
Load the jalapenos into the Air Fryer
See the recipe here Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers.
6. Bacon And Egg Muffin Bites
When we think of a hearty breakfast, bacon and eggs are often on the menu. It's the classic breakfast combination packed with healthy fats and protein. Muffins are also a big hit, and these air fryer bacon and egg muffins are low-carb and keto-friendly. To cook these in the air fryer, get some silicone muffin cups. Crack enough eggs for everyone and mix in a bit of heavy cream. Add crushed bacon bits that you prepared earlier and any chopped vegetables you like. Peppers, onions, mushrooms all work well. Add some chives for extra flavor. Ladle the mixture evenly into the muffin cups and place in the air fryer. Cook at 300°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER EGG BITES CUPS
- Gather your ingredients. You will need eggs, seasoning, heavy whipping cream, chopped veggies, shredded cheese, and cooked bacon.
- Whisk all of the ingredients.
- Pour the ingredients into silicone cups.
- set it on the air fryer!
See the recipe here Air Fryer Egg Cups.
7. Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
Get a taste of the tropics right in your kitchen with this air fryer coconut shrimp recipe. Clean about half a pound of large shrimp. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and salt, in a second bowl, add egg whites and in a third bowl, add shredded coconut. Spray a little cooking oil in your air fryer basket, then take each shrimp and dredge in cornstarch, then egg white and finally in the coconut. Place the shrimp in your air fryer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes at 330°F. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
HOW DO YOU AIR FRY COCONUT SHRIMP?
Cooking coconut shrimp in the air fryer couldn’t be easier. The air fryer does all the heavy lifting. All you have to do is:
- Batter the shrimp
- Add the shrimp to the fryer basket without overcrowding, there has to be room for the air to flow around the shrimp if you want to get the fried like textures.
- Set the air fryer for 330℉ for 15 min and let it do its thing.
- Repeat until you’ve got all the shrimp you want.
See the recipe here Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp.
8. Air Fryer Cauliflower Rice
Fried rice is always a favorite, so for a low-carb version, try this air fryer cauliflower rice. Clean a small cauliflower and chop roughly. Place in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice. In the meantime, prepare the other ingredients you want to add to your rice. You can use any vegetables you like and even add protein from things like tofu, eggs, shrimp, chicken, or steak. Place the harder to cook vegetables like carrots in the air fryer first and cook for 10 minutes at 370°F. You can then add the rest of your ingredients and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes. Add seasoning, herbs and spices to taste.
- 1/2 block firm or extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrot about 1 1/2 to 2 carrots
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 cups riced cauliflower Cauliflower minced into pieces smaller than the size of a pea. You can do this by hand with a box-style cheese crater, use your food processor to pulse into pieces, or buy pre-riced, bagged cauliflower.
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil optional, but recommended
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
In a large bowl, crumble the tofu (you're going for scrambled egg-size pieces, not ricotta here), then toss with the rest of the Round 1 ingredients. Air fry at 370F for 10 minutes, shaking once.
Meanwhile, toss together all of the Round 2 ingredients in a large bowl*.
When that first 10 minutes of cooking are done, add all of the Round 2 ingredients to your air fryer, shake gently, and fry at 370 for 10 more minutes, shaking after 5 minutes.
Riced cauliflower can vary quite a bit in size, so if you feel like yours doesn't look done enough at this point, you can cook for an additional 2-5 minutes at 370F. Just shake and check in every couple of minutes until it's done to your liking.
See the recipe here Air Fried Cauliflower Rice.
9. Air Fryer Turkey Breast
Turkey is a must-have for the holidays, but a whole turkey is just too much food for a small family. The answer is to cook a smaller piece of turkey like a 3 or 4-pound breast. Give the turkey breast a massage with olive oil and season with your favorite herbs and spices. Place the turkey breast skin side down and cook for 25 minutes at 350°F. Turn the turkey breast over and cook for an extra 20 to 30 minutes. Let the cooked turkey breast rest for 10 minutes before slicing up and serving.
HOW TO COOK TURKEY BREAST IN AN AIR FRYER
- Rub both sides of the turkey breast with olive oil and sprinkle spices and seasonings throughout.
- Place the turkey on the air fryer basket, skin-side down.
- Air Fry.
- Flip the turkey and air fry until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees using a meat thermometer
See the recipe here Air Fryer Turkey Breast.
10. Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs
Meatballs are a childhood favorite, and with this recipe, you can incorporate them into your keto diet. This recipe calls for 1 pound of ground chicken, some green onions, cilantro and some soy, hoisin, and sriracha sauces. Shape your meatballs and place them in your air fryer. Don't overcrowd the basket. Cook each batch for 10 minutes at 350°F.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup pork rinds, ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup pork rinds, ground
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, egg, cheese, pork rinds (1/2 cup), garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Roll into 1½-inch balls.
- Roll the meatballs in the ground pork rinds.
- Coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray, add meatballs in a single layer and cook for 12 minutes at 400°F, turning once.
See the recipe here Low-carb chicken coconut meatballs.
11. Air Fryer Roasted Brussels Sprouts
If you like brussels sprouts, you'll go crazy for this air fryer version. Simply toss your sprouts in some dried herbs and garlic with a bit of salt. Place in your air fryer and cook for 8 to 10 minutes at 390°F. You can add other flavors, too, so experiment until you find your own signature recipe.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved through the stems (cut larger ones in quarters)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- Heat air fryer to 400 degrees, if preheating is necessary.
- Place Brussels sprouts in the air fryer basket; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and the salt. Fry for 15 minutes, shaking basket or stirring the sprouts halfway through.
- Sprinkle sprouts with garlic. Continue to fry until the garlic is golden brown, another 2 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar to a simmer. Continue to simmer until thickened and starting to look syrupy, adjusting heat as necessary to prevent burning, 2 to 3 minutes. (Keep a close eye on it; it will go from reduced to burned very quickly.) Remove from heat and whisk in 2 tablespoons oil, the lime juice and the soy sauce.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts to a serving platter and drizzle with balsamic dressing. Squeeze more lime juice on top to taste.
See the recipe here Air Fryer Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
12. Air Fryer Sausages
Sausages are always a great dinner idea, especially if you're short for time. After all, there is no need to season as the sausages are already flavored. Choose sausages with a bit of bite like Italian sausages or anything you like. Place them in the air fryer and cook. Sausages go great with roasted vegetables, and you can put together a combination of onions, peppers and mushrooms that can also be cooked in an air fryer.
HOW DO YOU COOK ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BREAKFAST SAUSAGE IN THE AIR FRYER?
- Place parchment paper on the air fryer basket.
- Add the sausages.
- Start the air fry!
See the recipe here Air Fryer Sausage.
13. Air Fryer Avocado Fries
Avocado is a keto delight. It is rich in healthy fats, and it tastes divine. These fries are super creamy on the inside with a nice crunch on the outside. They're also quick and easy to make. Find an avocado that isn't too ripe. You want to be able to cut it without it squishing in your hands. Cut into wedges. Crack an egg with a pinch of salt in a bowl and put panko crumbs in another bowl. Dredge the avocado wedges in the egg and coat with panko. Place in your air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 450°F. The creaminess of the avocado will go great with a nice, spicy dipping sauce.
How to make avocado fries
- Use bright spotless avocados. To make sure the avocado is ripe but not overripe, take the little stem of and check the color, if its green, its good to go, if brown- ts way to ripe for this recipe!
- Cut it in pretty big slices so they dont fall apart during the cooking process
- Mix an egg in one bowl and panko in another.
- Dip avocado slices into all of this bowls one by one and then place into the air fryer ( preheated to 400 degrees)
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes, turning half way through.
- The wedges are done when the coating is lightly brown
See the recipe here Air Fryer Avocado Fries.
14. Low-Carb Keto Vegetarian Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
Chop a head of cauliflower into wing sized pieces and place in your air fryer. Spray with a little cooking oil. Cook at 400°F for about 15 minutes. Shake the basket about halfway through. While the cauliflower is cooking, make a dressing from sour cream or use readymade buffalo sauce. You can also use broccoli or cauliflower in different colors to add some pizzazz to your serving platter.
HOW DO YOU MAKE FRIED CAULIFLOWER WINGS?
Step 1: Chop up the cauliflower head.
Step 2: Spray the cauliflower with cooking oil.
Step 3: Add the cauliflower to the air fryer and cook
Step 4: Remove the cauliflower and drizzle with buffalo sauce.
Step 5: Return the cauliflower to the air fryer and cook.
See the recipe here Keto Cauliflower Buffalo Wings.
15. Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken
This recipe for Tandoori chicken will fast become a family favorite. All you need is some chicken tenders, Greek yogurt and Indian spices. Mix the ingredients and marinate the chicken for 30 minutes to infuse the herbs and spices into the chicken. Place the chicken pieces in the air fryer and baste using oil or ghee. Cook for 10 minutes at 350°F, turn and cook for five more minutes.
HOW TO MAKE THIS TANDOORI CHICKEN RECIPE
- In a glass bowl, mix all ingredients except the basting oil, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of cilantro.
- Set your kitchen timer for 25 minutes. When the timer goes off, turn on your air fryer to 350F for 5 minutes. You’re doing this to pre-heat the air fryer.
- At the end of the 30 minutes, open up the air fryer and carefully lay the tandoori chicken in a single layer on either the rack or in the basket of your air fryer.
- Using a silicone brush, baste the chicken with either oil or ghee on one side.
Cook at 350F for 10 minutes.
- Remove and flip over the chicken, and baste on the other side, Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Using a meat thermometer, check to see if the internal temperature has reached 165F. Do not skip this step.
- Remove and place on a serving plate. Add lemon juice and mix, and sprinkle with cilantro.
See the recipe here Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken.
16. Roasted Asian Broccoli
We all need to eat more vegetables, especially on the keto diet, and broccoli is a very healthy vegetable that features quite often with keto dieters. This recipe is packed with flavor thanks to the addition of salted peanuts, peanut oil and fresh lime juice. You simply cut your broccoli into florets and place in a bowl. Toss with peanut oil, garlic, soy, and the rest of the ingredients and place your food in the air fryer. Cook at 400°F for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
See the recipe here Roasted Asian Brocolli.
17. Low-Carb Keto Salmon Cakes
Fish cakes are always a huge hit, and these salmon cakes are a little bit of dinner time decadence. Remove the skin from about 1 pound of fresh salmon and cut finely. Place the salmon in a bowl. Add mashed avocado, cilantro, tapioca starch, and seasonings. Form your salmon cakes and place them on parchment paper. Freeze for 20 minutes, so the salmon cakes are easier to work with. When the patties are frozen, dredge them in tapioca starch, then egg wash and finally in coconut flakes. Place them in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 400°F. Serve on a bed of greens with refreshing sauce.
Roasting broccoli is super simple. You just have to toss it with JUST enough oil to get the florets a little bit shiny. You don’t want them wet, because then the broccoli will be soggy. If they’re dry they won’t go crispy.
Spread the florets out on a large pan, trying to leave space between each floret. This allows them to go crispy as opposed to steaming them and making them soggy and BAD.
Roast at 425 degrees until golden brown, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway.
See the recipe here Low Carb Keto Paleo Salmon Cakes.
18. Gochujang Chicken Wings
For a flavor-packed dinner, these gochujang chicken wings can be served as an appetizer or as part of the main meal. They are sweet, sour, and a little spicy. You'll need about 2 pounds of chicken wings (honestly, you'll probably need more). Season with salt and pepper and place in your 400°F, preheated air fryer. Cook the wings for 10 minutes on each side. While the wings are cooking, mix the sauce ingredients. After the wings have cooked for 20 minutes, take the chicken out and place it in a bowl. Pour half the sauce mixture over and mix to coat all the pieces. Return the chicken to the air fryer and cook for five or so minutes more. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped, green onions.
WHAT’S THIS ABOUT GOCHUJANG?
You definitely want the gochujang. No, you just REALLY want it.
Spiced, sweet umami, tangy–and nothing comes close to it. Nothing. No substitutes for this one! Don’t even try. Just get it and once you do, you can use it for the following recipes:
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING AMAZING AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS
- You can cook frozen chicken wings in the air fryer. I do find however, that not only does it take a little longer, but the skin tends to not crisp up as much. It’s not a huge difference, and I’ve certainly done it. But if you have time, defrost the wings first and pat them dry with a paper towel to reduce the steaming from the moisture left on the wings.
- You really want to cook the wings without sauce first before adding the sauce in. Otherwise, you get soggy chicken skin which is NOT attractive!
- If you’re using an oven, once you’ve added the sauce, broil the wings to get that crisping.
THIS GOCHUJANG KOREAN CHICKEN WINGS
STEP BY STEP FOR KOREAN CHICKEN WINGS
Step 1: Salt and pepper the chicken wings. You do not need to add oil, since the chicken wings are plenty greasy enough already.
Step 2: Arrange the wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 10 minutes, and then use silicone tongs to flip them over, and cook for another 10 minutes
Step 3: Meanwhile mix the Gochujang Mayonnaise together with all the seasonings. You will be using this as a cooking sauce as well as a dipping sauce, because #ruthlessEfficiency!
Step 4: This makes an amazing sauce, that you could also eat with these keto breaded chicken tenders.
Step 4: Check and wings with a meat thermometer and make sure they’re around 160F-ish. You will be cooking them a little bit longer so you want them slightly undercooked at this stage.
Step 5: Toss HALF the gochujang sauce with the chicken wings, and put them back in the air fryer for a few more minutes. Reserve the other half as a dipping or coating sauce.
Step 6: Once the korean chicken wings are fully cooked, toss in the remaining sauce and mix, or just serve it as a dipping sauce.
See the recipe here Air Fryer Chicken Wings Gochujang.
19. Air Fryer Okra
Okra is one of those dishes you'll fall in love with after the first bite. This air fryer version is easy and delicious. You'll need about 8 ounces of okra cut into half-inch pieces. Mix egg and milk and toss the okra into this mix. Dredge the okra in breadcrumbs and salt. Place the okra in the air fryer and cook for 5 minutes at 390°F. Shake after about 2 minutes.
- 7-8 ounces fresh okra
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- oil for misting or cooking spray
- Remove stem ends from okra and cut in 1/2 inch slices.
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg and milk. Add okra slices and stir to coat.
- In a sealable plastic bag or container with lid, mix together the breadcrumbs and salt.
- Remove okra from egg mixture, letting excess drip off, and transfer into bag with breadcrumbs. Be sure okra is well drained before placing it in the breadcrumbs. You may want to use a slotted spoon to lift a little okra at a time and let plenty of the egg wash drip off before putting it into breadcrumbs.
- Shake okra in crumbs to coat well.
- Place all of the coated okra into air fryer basket and mist with oil or cooking spray. Okra does not have to be in a single later, and it isn’t necessary to spray all sides at this point. A good spritz on top will do.
- Cook at 390 F for 5 minutes. Shake basket to redistribute and give it another oil spritz as you shake.
- Cook 5 more minutes. Shake and spray again. Cook for 2 to 5 minutes longer or until golden brown and crispy.
Tip: Make sure okra is well drained before placing it in the breadcrumbs. Use a slotted spoon to lift a little okra at a time and let plenty of the egg wash drip off before putting it into the breadcrumb mixture.
See the recipe here Air Fried Okra.
20. Low-Carb Bun Thit Nuong
This is a delicious Vietnamese grilled pork recipe that your family will love. You’ll need about 1 pound of thinly sliced pork shoulder that you add to a delicious marinade and leave in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight. The pork is then cooked in an air fryer for 10 minutes at 400°F. To keep this recipe low carb, serve it on a bed of spiralized vegetables.
For the Marinade
1/4 cup onions, chopped
2 tablespoons Oil
1 tablespoon splenda or 2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 tablespoon minced lemongrass paste
1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1 pound thinly sliced pork shoulder
1/4 cup crushed roasted peanuts
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley
In a bowl, whisk together the onions, sugar, soy sauce, oil, garlic, fish sauce, lemongrass, and pepper.
Thinly slice the pork shoulder into 1/2 in slices, and then cut crossways into 4-inch pieces.
Add the pork to the marinade and let it rest for 30 minutes or for up to 24 hours.
Remove the pork slices from the marinade, and place in single layer in the air fryer basket.
Set the air fryer to 400ºF and cook the pork for 10 minutes, flipping over halfway.
Test with a meat thermometer to ensure the pork has reached an internal temperature of 165ºF.
Remove pork to a serving tray, sprinkle with the roasted peanuts and cilantro or parsley, and serve.
See the recipe here Low carb byn thit nuong.
21. Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini
Zucchini is a vegetable that is easy to cook and adapts well to many different flavors. This recipe is essentially zucchini chips with parmesan, and it's delicious. Simply slice your zucchini, crumb it in eggs, almond flour, and parmesan and cook in your air fryer. Nothing could be simpler. Enjoy this with a fresh salad or as a side dish for a nice juicy steak.
2 medium zucchini
1 large egg
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 almond flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
avocado oil spray or other cooking oil spray
Slice zucchini into 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch slices.
Beat egg well in a separate bowl.
Combine grated parmesan cheese, almond flour, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in another bowl.
Dip zucchini slice in egg then dip it in the parmesan cheese mixture. Set on parchment lined air fryer tray.
Repeat until air fryer tray is full. Lightly spray coated zucchini with avocado oil spray.
Set air fryer to 370F for 8 minutes.
Remove tray and flip zucchini slices. Spray with avocado oil and cook for another 8 minutes.
Repeat process with second batch of zucchini.
See the recipe here Air Fryer Fried Parmesan Zucchini.
22. Air Fryer Brazilian Chicken
This recipe is delicious and will fast become a family favorite. The flavors are classic Tempero Baino seasonings with influences from Europe and Africa. You grind all the pieces in a clean coffee grinder before mixing them with lime juice and oil. Let it marinate for 30 minutes before cooking in the air fryer for 25 minutes at 390°F.
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
1 teaspoon Turmeric
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
1/2 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons Oil
1.5 pounds chicken drumsticks
In a clean coffee grinder, blend together the cumin, oregano, parsley, turmeric, kosher salt, coriander seeds, peppercorns and cayenne pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine the ground spices with the lime juice and oil. Add the chicken drumsticks and turn them, coating well with the marinade. Allow the chicken o marinade for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
When you are ready to cook, place the chicken legs into the air fryer basket, skin side up.
Set your air fryer to 390F for 20-25 minutes for meaty chicken legs. Halfway through, flip the chicken legs over.
Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165F. Remove and serve with plenty of napkins.
Check here the recipe for Air Fryer Brazilian Chicken.
23. Keto Air Fryer Asparagus
Add some texture and incredible flavor to your asparagus spears with this quick, easy recipe. Grab ten asparagus spears and dredge them in a mixture of egg and cream, then the breading. The breading is made of almond flour, parmesan, salt and paprika. Place the spears in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350°F. Serve with a spicy mayonnaise dipping sauce.
10 fresh asparagus spears
vegetable oil for frying
1 large egg
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup blanched almond flour
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a small bowl, stir together all dip ingredients until well-mixed. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Trim the asparagus spears by cutting off the tough woody ends so you’re left with about 6 inches. Rinse and dry them.
In a bowl, beat together the egg and heavy cream until well-mixed. Pour the mixture into a shallow plate, large enough for the asparagus spears. In another shallow plate, stir together all breading ingredients until well-mixed.
Using a deep fryer or a pan on the stovetop, add enough vegetable oil so that the asparagus can be fried on all sides. Heat the oil to 350 F. If not using a fryer, frequently monitor to maintain the temperature during frying.
Generously coat each asparagus spear in the egg wash with your first hand, then in the breading with your second hand until well-coated on all sides. Gently shake off excess and transfer to wax or parchment paper. Repeat with the other asparagus spears.
Fry the breaded asparagus until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes, and drain on paper towels. You may need to work in batches to avoid overcrowding. After frying, handle the asparagus carefully so you don’t break off the breading.
Serve while hot with the dip.
See the recipe here Keto Air Fryer Fried Asparagus.
24. Air Fryer Tomato And Basil Scallops
Scallops are delicate and delicious. Pair them with flavorful tomato and basil, and you're in seafood heaven. These scallops can be cooked in the air, fryer on a bed of spinach. Spray the scallops with oil and place them on the spinach. Mix the basil, tomato, cream and seasonings and dollop over the scallops. Cook for 10 minutes at 350°F.
See the recipe here Tomato Basil Scallops.
25. Low-Carb Air Fryer Onion Rings
Onion rings are an appetizer that is loved by all, and this low-carb air fryer version is a healthy way to enjoy this tasty treat. Preheat your air fryer to 370°F. Clean your onion and separate the rings. Mix your batter using low-carb or gluten-free flour and dredge your onion rings in this mixture. Cook in your air fryer for 15 minutes, turning them over at the halfway point. Serve with a spicy tomato sauce and a yogurt style sauce.
1 Onion Sliced
1 1/4 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg Beaten
49 tsp Milk 1 cup + 1 tsp 3/4 cup Bread Crumbs Seasonings
- Preheat your air fryer to 370 and prep basket for nonstick In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and seasonings.
- Mix in the egg and then the milk (or beer). Transfer to a shallow bowl. In a shallow bowl , place your bread crumbs Using a fork, take the first slice of onion and fully cover it with the contents of the first bowl- using a dredging technique.
- Then dip this piece into the bread crumbs.
- Then place it into the basket. Repeat this with the other slices- trying to not over-lap too much.
- Air fry the onion rings for 8 minutes and then flip them over. Continue to air fry for another 8 minutes or until done
See the recipe here Air Fried Onion Rings.
26. Air Fryer Turkish Chicken Kabab
These Turkish style chicken kababs will have you drooling in anticipation when the smell starts to waft through your home. You can make them from chicken thighs, breasts or tenders. The marinade is a yogurt-based with lots of spices and other tasty ingredients. You marinate the chicken for 30 minutes or so, thread on to skewers and cook in your air fryer for 10 minutes at 370°F. Turn over and cook for another 5 minutes.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A TURKISH CHICKEN KEBAB?
- In a large bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt, garlic, tomato paste, lemon juice, oil, salt, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, black pepper, and cayenne pepper until the spices are well-blended into the yogurt.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix until the chicken is well-coated with the marinade. Allow the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes or for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Set the air fryer to 370ºF and cook the chicken for 10 minutes.
- Open the air fryer and flip over the chicken. Set the air fryer to 370ºF and cook the chicken for another 5 minutes.
- Test with a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 150ºF before serving.
HOW LONG DO YOU NEED TO MARINATE THE TURKISH CHICKEN KEBABS?
The marinade can technically be done in thirty minutes, but it can be left up to 24 hours for a full flavor infusion. The easiest way to do would be to put it in the night before and let it marinate overnight. The spice combination in this dish is incredible and you will want to taste every bit of it!
See the recipe here Turkish Chicken Kebab.
27. Air Fryer Beef Satay
This air fryer beef satay is every bit as good as the traditional recipe and one you’ll love. You can serve it with rice, or keep it low-carb and serve with a salad. All you need to do is combine the marinade ingredients and pour it over your thinly sliced beef. Let it sit in the marinade for 10 minutes and then cook at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes.
The best part of any meal is dessert, and even on a low-carb, keto diet, you can have a scrumptious dessert right from your air fryer.
1 pound beef flank steak sliced thinly into long strips
2 tablespoons Oil
1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Sriracha Sauce
1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
1/2 cup chopped cilantro divided
1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
Place beef strips into a large bowl or a ziplock bag.
Add oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar, Sriracha, coriander, and 1/4 cup cilantro to the beef and mix well. Marinate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
Using a set of tongs, place the beef strips in the air fryer basket, laying them side by side and minimizing overlap.
Leave behind as much of the marinade as you can and discard this marinade.
Set your air fryer to 400F for 8 minutes, flipping once halfway.
Remove the meat to a serving tray, top with remaining 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and the chopped roasted peanuts.
Serve with Easy Peanut Sauce.
See the recipe here Air Fried Beef Satay.
28. Air Fryer Chocolate Lava Cake
This chocolate lava cake is practically effortless, and you can make it any time you need to appease your sweet tooth. It's a delightful mixture of flax meal, coconut oil and cocoa and takes 8 minutes to cook in your air fryer at 350°F. It's gluten-free too, so enjoy without a shred of guilt.
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons non-GMO erythritol
1/8 teaspoon Now Brand Better Stevia
1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
dash of vanilla
pinch of Himalayan salt
Whisk all ingredients in a two-cup glass Pyrex dish or ramekin.
Preheat air fryer at 350° for just a minute.
Place glass dish with cake mix into air fryer and bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes.
Carefully remove dish with an oven mitt.
Let cool for a few minutes and then enjoy!
See the recipe here Air Fried Gluten Free Chocolate Lava Cake.
29. Air Fryer Coconut Pie
This coconut pie is ridiculously easy to make. You simply mix all the ingredients in a bowl and pour it into a 6-inch pie dish that can fit into your air fryer. It features almond or coconut milk and butter for creamy goodness. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes at 350°F and devour.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk (you can use coconut milk or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut (I used sweetened)
- 1/2 cup granulated Monk Fruit (or your preferred sugar)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
heat oven to 350 degrees. coat a 9 inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl add in all the ingredients and using a wooden spoon stir until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pie plate and bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Toast ¼ cup of shredded coconut either in the oven or in a small fry pan for garnish (optional)
- Cool pie and garnish with shredded coconut and powdered sugar.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated.
air fryer recipe
- Coat a 6″ pie plate with non stick spray and fill it with the batter. Continue following the same instructions as above.
- Cook in the Air Fryer at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Check the pie halfway thru the cooking time to be sure it is not burning, give the plate a turn, use a toothpick to test for doneness. Continue to cook accordingly. Air fryer cooking time will differ from one manufacturer to another.
See the recipe here Gluten Free Coconut Pie Recipe.
30. Air Fryer Cheesecake Bites
Cheesecake is the quintessential family dessert that everyone loves, and these air fryer cheesecake bites are quick to make and will disappear in a flash. You mix the cheesecake filling ingredients, form balls, and freeze so they are easier to work with and won't melt in the air fryer. You then roll them in almond flour and sweetener before cooking in a preheated air fryer for only 2 minutes at 300°F. You can eat them warm or freeze them for an icy treat later.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons erythritol
- Allow the cream cheese to sit on the counter for 20 minutes to soften.
- Fit a stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- Mix the softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup Erythritol, vanilla and 2 Tablespoons heavy cream until smooth.
- Scoop onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes, until firm.
- Mix the almond flour with the 2 Tablespoons erythritol in a small mixing bowl.
- Dip the frozen cheesecake bites into 2 Tablespoons cream, then roll into the almond flour mixture.
- Place in an air fryer set at 300, for 2 minutes.
See the recipe here Fried Cheesecake Bites.